You’re never too young…
If you need any reminding of that fact, look at Tiger Woods. He started playing at the age of 2, at age 3 shot a 48 over 9 holes at the Navy Golf Club in Cypress, California, and who won the 9-10 years boys’ event at the Junior World Golf Championships – at age 8!
Now not everybody is going to be a Tiger, we know that! But golf is a great way to make new friends and have fun, no matter what your age.
Hazel Grove Golf Club has an active and friendly junior section which encourages juniors of all ages to learn how to play the game of golf and gives them the experience and opportunity to enjoy competition up to inter-club level.
- Age limit is below 18 years on the 1st January.
- All competitions are open to both boys and girls.
- New members are always welcome.
Individual group sessions are provided by the Clubs PGA Professional staff throughout the year
Junior competitions are held on Sundays throughout the year; just turn up!. There is a mixture of stablefords, medals, team and major competitions and low handicappers are entitled to play in the adult competitions on Saturdays.
The club is represented in the East Cheshire/Derbyshire League as well as friendlies which are arranged with other clubs in the area.
The Junior Organiser is Kathie Glazier who is assisted by Paul Glazier, Julie Jones, Steve Jones and Cynthia Grinter.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
- Hazel Grove Golf Club aims to create an enjoyable environment for all juniors who wish to take part in golf and social activities at the Club.
- The Club emphasises that young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
- The Club acknowledges that young people have the right to be treated with respect and for their concerns to be listened to and acted upon.
- The Club will ensure that junior members have specific programmes and facilities designed for them, with adequate supervision.
- The Club has procedures in place to help any young person who requests help and support on a confidential basis, in issues relating to Child Protection.
- The Club will ensure that paid or voluntary workers involved in coaching or junior activities will be Criminal Record Bureau checked.
- The Club will ensure that any Club members and volunteers working with young people are aware of and apply the English Golf Union or the English Ladies Golf Association Code of Conduct for those working with children in golf.
- The Club has adult members who are designated that Junior Organiser and Child Welfare Officer.
- The Club has been awarded Golfmark by the English Golf Union and Clubmark by the English Sports Council High Achiever Standard.
A copy of the HGGC Child Protection Policy Statement. can be found here
Before a junior can take part in any golf event or competition organised by the Club, we require that a Parental Consent Form be completed.
Download the HGGC Parental Consent Form here.
To apply for membership you can do so through this website using our online Membership Enquiry Form or for further information you can speak to one of the Junior Organisers by contacting the Secretary at the club.